Monday, August 15, 2011

The teaches of peaches

I’ve got a confession.

Up until recently I was never a fan of fruit in my salads.

But then the heat wave came.

And juicy fruit on a refreshing salad didn’t sound so unappealing.

First came the strawberries.

And I thought, “Okay, I can do this.”

101_4002

Then there were the blueberries.

And those were downright tasty.

IMG_0008

And August brought the peaches.

100_4285

And what can I really say about peaches?

To me, they are like the prime rib of fruit. I’m convinced that adding peaches to any recipe could not possibly be a bad decision.

So what I’m trying to say is, even if you don’t THINK you like fruit in your salad, Juice Box Café’s August special peach salad just might change your mind.

And it’s much healthier than the Pittsburgh tradition of French Fries on top of the salad :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I lived in Pittsburgh for one summer. It was a great city filled with many fantastic places to eat. I remember the French Fries on top of salads. I personally like my fries on the side dipped in Heinz Ketchup. In addition, I have never really tried fruit in a salad but your post made want to give it a shot. Next time I visit Pittsburgh I will eat at Juice Box Café and try the special peach salad.

Post a Comment